Can you believe it? Summer is rapidly coming to a close and cooler temperatures are already here in Central New Jersey. That means it’s time to start thinking about your gas furnace and making sure that it’s running well for the winter.
Gas Furnace Maintenance Tips
- Confirm that the furnace runs completely through a normal cycle from start-up to shut-down. Check the thermostat reading and confirm that the system shuts off when reaching the high-temperature setpoint. If it doesn’t shut off, you have may have a short cycling problem. In this case, give us a call to check on it.
- Ensure proper airflow by cleaning dust off the grates. Make sure you don’t have any objects in the way that block the air supply in each room as well as the large return grate.
- Clear away any obstacles that are blocking the furnace and the safety switch on the furnace door.
- Check the vent connections for the exhaust pipe and chimney for rust or gaps.
- Change the batteries in your CO/CO2 monitor and test it. A good rule of thumb is to do this whenever we “Fall Back” and “Spring forward.”
- Replace furnace filters annually.
If you have any questions or need assistance in Woodbridge, Edison, Metuchen or the surrounding areas, feel free to contact us. Many of our customers ease this burden by investing in one of our affordable. annual maintenance contracts.